Welcome to my stop on the blog tour of My Beautiful Disaster by J.D. Hughes! Read below to discover more about this amazing author, and be sure to enter the giveaway (an eBook of My Beautiful Disaster)!
Daniel Dukes, millionaire extraordinaire has it all. A thriving business, good looks, power, money and women who’ll drop their drawers at the click of his skilled fingers. Just how he likes it. Everything changes one day when a stipulation in his deceased Uncle’s will, scuppers his visionary plans. The only way to get what’s rightfully his, is to marry. Who? It doesn’t matter, because the enigmatic bachelor will stop at nothing and play dirty to get what is his.
Sophia Lewis had nothing until she started working directly for Daniel at Dukes Industries. Having grown up in care, she’s tough, has an answer for everything and knows how to handle all varieties of men. For two years, Sophia has attended to her overbearing boss’ every whim. Gone above and beyond the call of duty.
When an indecent proposal presents itself, boundaries are pushed and limits are tested. Can Daniel and Sophia remain professional to fool the dead Uncle’s Lawyers? As lines become blurred and tempers become frayed, can two strong willed souls be the key to unlock each other’s hidden secrets? Or will the high price of the deal come at a devastating cost to them both?
*Warning* Mature themes and one hell of a cliff hanger!
J.D. Hughes writes fun, romantic suspense fiction. Born and raised in Worcestershire, she has lived in London and Northern Ireland but has returned to the city she loves.
Despite training in Musical Theatre and directing many productions, J.D. Hughes soon found she preferred making up her own stories, always completed with happy endings. When she’s not writing, she loves to read, walk her puppy and embarrass her three children. Her debut Novel ‘You Have My Heart’, published in 2016 was selected as an Amazon Customer Favourite. ‘My Beautiful Disaster’ is the next release and is a two-part series.
To learn more about J.D. Hughes follow her Facebook page J.D. Hughes, or on Twitter @joannahughes77
A snap shot look at your life AWAY from writing.
- Years Ago, I was a cleaner for the NHS. For ten year’s I worked my backside off (cleaning is very hard work, just want to point that out), because it worked around having my children. I enrolled back at college and got my degree in Musical Theatre whilst working and raising a family. Finally, I was able to live the life I’d always dreamed about. I’ve directed and been in numerous shows and now it seems, all of my kids are following in my footsteps in one way or another. `
- Family. Well, my family is pretty HUGE. Coming from a Greek Cypriot background I have five siblings. When we all get together, it’s mayhem, but great mayhem. I am a mother to my three wonderful children, Mitch who is 17, and twins Annie and Will who are 11. I’m married to James (13 years now) He’s sexy as sin and even after 15 years together, I still really fancy him. He’s also my rock and I’d be kinda lost without him. Also, we’ve gained a Labrador puppy. Her name is Maggie. She’s 13 weeks old and taking care of her is like having twins all over again. I’m shattered.
- Work. I worked at Boots for a few years after the hospital selling makeup, but I gave it up to concentrate on writing. The best move ever.
- Hobbies. Musical Theatre and writing. I love them both equally. There’s nothing more exhilarating than standing alone on a big stage singing your heart out or holding a published copy of your book in your hands. The buzz is exactly the same.
- Future. Who knows, but wherever it takes me, I know it’ll be a happy one. I’m one of life’s lucky ones. My husband has a great job which allows me to fulfill my passions. I’ll write until my imagination runs out and dance and sing until my body gives out.
Enter below to win an eBook copy of A Beautiful Disaster!!